Do you suffer from headaches on a frequent basis and take pills to try to manage the pain?
All of us get headaches on occasion. But you may be concerned about headaches that occur far too often. Or perhaps you find it troubling that pills may lessen the pain but don’t actually treat the actual cause of your headaches.
Pills don’t explain why you suffer from headaches in the first place and if you knew the answer, you would probably be less dependent on pills, and headaches would not totally compromise your enjoyment of life.
Our Approach to Headaches
We start by looking into your unique circumstances, and how we can help your body confront and respond to headaches. Helpful options may include:
- Detoxifying your body and environment
- Refuelling your cells and defences.
- Restoring energetic processes at a cellular level.
- Acupuncture for pain relief and restoring energy.
- Re-regulating pain pathways.
- Avoiding or eliminating certain foods
- Making changes in your home environment
- Getting sufficient sleep
Some Foods Can Affect Headache Frequency
- Avoid preservatives and chemicals/ food additives. Try eliminating a certain type at a time. eg. MSG or a particular dye, or aspartame.
- Try switching to organic food: this reduces the toxic load on your liver and may help improve the function of certain energy pathways in your body.
- Reduce your intake of omega 6 and 9 fats.
- Increase your intake of Omega 3 fats.
Sometimes Your Environment Can Make You Sick
People living in old buildings sometimes experience problems caused by the existence of mould or asbestos or the discovery of a paint that contains lead. And whether you live in a new building or an old one, living with fewer fumes, less dust and less chemicals is a worthwhile goal. Small improvements can make a huge impact on how you feel.
- Modify the way you clean your home by dusting more frequently and cleaning without using such powerful chemical solutions.
- Replace old carpets with flooring which does not grab and hold contaminants as much; consider flooring options like hardwood, tile, parquet or even linoleum.
- Use an air purifier – air pollution is not confined to the air outside
Make sure you sleep well and get enough rest.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, request our list of nutrients that can help treat headaches in a natural manner. To get it, simply e-mail client services and type ‘headache protocol’ in the subject line.