Easy, delicious and good for a flat belly!!
4 lbs Pork
2 cups Organic Chicken Broth
1 tbsp Chinese Five Spice
2 tsps Himalayan Pink Salt
2 tbsps Coconut Oil
1/2 cup Coconut Aminos ( salty-sweet condiment with buttery aftertaste)
1 tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
1 tsp Ground Ginger
1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Remove your pork shoulder from the refrigerator about 15 minutes prior to cooking.Rub the pork shoulder down with the Chinese five spice blend and pink salt. Make sure to cover all the sides.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large cast iron skilled over medium high heat. Sear the pork shoulder on all sides for 2 minutes per side.
- Add the chicken stock to the instant pot, and press the “saute” button to get the stock simmering. Add the coconut aminos, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper flakes, and black pepper.
- When the pork shoulder is seared on all sides, add it to the Instant Pot and close the lid (locking the vent). Cancel the “saute” then press “Stew/Meat” and increase the time to 90 minutes.
- Cook for 90 minutes, then allow to rest for 10-15 minutes on warm after the programmed setting has concluded.
- Serve with your favorite stir fry or with some cauliflower rice