Dr Kar graduated with a Bachelor of Medicine and a Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS & MD) & Doctor of Medicine in OBGY from India.
- Advanced Fellowship from The American Academy of Antiaging Medicine (A4M)
- American Board Certified in Regenerative & Antiaging Medicine.
Dr. Kar is the first physician from India to be Advanced Fellowship trained from A4M.
She has practised in India for over 20 years a as an Obstetrician and Gynecologist. She was awarded privileges as a Consultant Obstetrician Gynecologist at 3 major hospitals in Mumbai.
Dr Kar is currently enrolled in the Masters Program in Metabolic & Nutritional Medicine at the University of South Florida, USA.
Practicing as a Specialist in Functional & Metabolic Medicine at Better Medical Centre, Mumbai, India.
Director Medical Education at Better Medical Centre, Canada & India.
Had worked as Consultant Obstetrician Gynecologist in 3 major hospitals in Mumbai, India.
• MD Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati, India.
• Fellow, American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M), USA.
• Advanced Endocrinology Certification from Metabolic Medical Institute (MMI).
• Special training from Metabolic Medicine Institute on Functional Medicine approach to Autoimmune Diseases.
• Brain Health Coaching Certification from Amen Clinics, USA.
• Speaker for A4M World-Asia and A4M Dubai.
• Keynote Speaker at OBGY conference India.
• IIT Guwahati, India. Spoke on Better Brain at Any Age.
• Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce, Women’s Wing, Guwahati on Functional Medicine Perspective on Prevention of Breast Cancer.
• Women’s Health Workshop at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
• Speaks regularly at Brain Plasticity Meetups in Calgary, Canada.
• Webinar on PCOS at INSTAR Chennai 2017
• Speaker on Chronic Inflammation in Psychiatry, panelist on Genomics in Psychiatry and Functional Medicine approach to Psychiatry at Bombay Psychiatry Society, 2018.
• Your Gut -the Second Brain at Guwahati Neurological Research Centre, Dec 2017. India
• Conducts workshops for her patients and practice associates in India and Canada
ON EXPERT PANEL FOR:
DR.KAR’S AREAS OF INTEREST ARE:
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Brain Health
- Gut Microbiome, Gut-Brain-Immune.
- Hormone Balance in men & women.
- Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
- Hypothyroidism—Beyond supplementation with Thyroxin.
- Cardiometabolic Dysfunction
- Pre-Conception Medicine.
- Developmental Origin of Health and Disease
- Stress Response & its effects on health & disease—Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal (HPA) Axis Dysfunction.
- Women & Heart Disease.